If you like gardening and have an environmental awareness, you can consider composting. Compost is a great way to recycle your kitchen and garden waste and turn it into gold for your gardens!
To begin with, you need a compost that you can keep outdoors. Trying to sort through different types can, however, be time consuming and confusing.
To help you choose the best compost bin, we did the survey for you. After going through a dozen different models, we narrowed down the options to three different options: best, premium and budget outdoor composts.
Below we provide an overview of each of our choices for these categories. We also provide answers to the most common questions consumers have when shopping for compost.
Top 3 outdoor compost baskets
Here are our top tips if you are in a hurry.
Best option: Moltubollar
- NO ROOM? NO PROBLEM! – Do not let cramped spaces prevent you from composting! The Miracle-Gro branch in compost is small enough for the smallest spaces! The volume of 105 l fits perfectly on your balcony, your patio, your patio or your roof terrace. You can finally compost anywhere!
- Turn your food waste into garden gold – Turn your kitchen and garden waste into a rich, fertile compost – the gardener’s precious “black gold”! Thanks to the unique Miracle-Gro ventilation system, you can have ready-made compost in just 4 to 6 weeks. Internal taps accelerate the decomposition and make the cultivation of a happy garden easier than ever!
- REDUCE COAL PRESSURE – Studies show that approx. one third of the world’s food supply is wasted. But with the Miracle-Gro rolling compost bin, you can do your part to change that. Save your compost leftovers, help the environment and cook compost that your plants will love!
- FULL YEAR without problems – Why would composting be a seasonal activity? Miracle-Gro’s solid design allows you to keep the compost running all year round! Powerful side locking equipment guarantees easy loading and unloading, while a durable structure ensures a tight seal. And BPA-free, food-grade, UV-protected plastic means you do not have to worry about harmful toxins.
- Achieve your garden goals with a pair of versatile garden gloves! Each pair is latex-free, water-repellent and with ice that is perfect for both indoor and outdoor tasks. Grow the green thumb with Scott and Miracle-Gro!
In second place: the mask maker 360 mask server
- Worm Factory 360 usually has a size of 4 compartments that can be expanded to up to 8 compartments. This makes it the largest quantity of all homemade crafts.
- The remade lid becomes a practical stand for pies when the compost is harvested.
- Contains a manual and warranty that will be included after the product list.
- The accessory contains basic tools to simplify the handling of Worm Factory 360.
- Built-in collection compartment for “ormate” and rotation for easy drainage.
Budget: FCMP Tumbling Outdoor Composter
- Made in North America – Original 8-sided compost with two bedrooms. Beware of imitations.
- Tumbling Composter – Avoid hand digging and mixing compost. The transition design makes the mix simple and effective. Just close the door and turn them 5-6 times every 2-3 days. In warm, sunny conditions and with a balance of ingredients, the compost can be ready in just two weeks.
- Easy to use – perfect for beginners! The large open and removable door makes it easy to put on rubbish and remove compost. Deep fins on the body provide excellent ergonomic grip.
- Two compost chambers are better than one – two separate sides allow the first side to be completed while the second side remains. Available for addition of new waste / clippings. By constantly changing sides afterwards, a continuous flow of rich, healthy compost is created. Total capacity 37 cow liters (5 cow feet)
- Durable construction – BPA-free, UV-inhibited, 100% recycled polypropylene for end users is safe to touch and does not degrade in direct sunlight. The galvanized steel frame is corrosion resistant.
Reviews of compost
Best choice: compost buns and root mate maker
Our choice for the best outdoor enthusiast is Miracle-Gro compost dryer. It is advertised as “the most beautiful compost in the world” and although we are not sure if it is true (because there really are opportunities that can look better) we must say that this model is and will not be very aesthetic that stick out like a sore thumb in your garden.
It is made of high quality, food safe BPC and is stainless, so you can be sure that your compost is safe to use as plant food for vegetables and fruit. It is also protected ultraviolet and antioxidant so you do not have to worry about rust or the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
Since this is a porpoise design, it does not take much effort to turn your kitchen and garden waste into herbal food, which is definitely a big advantage. And another big advantage, it is fully equipped so you can take it out of the box and start composting as soon as you get it.
Miracle-Gro composting and composting is an innovative composting system with an innovative design. It is tight, which means it fits almost anywhere as it does not take up much space.
It also has a basic composition for tea collection, advanced features developed by the manufacturer. With this foundation you can compost on your patio, deck, balcony, patio or anywhere else without worrying about unpleasant odors or pollution.
It is a single production of copper, which means that you fill it with organic material and the container converts it into compost within a few weeks. You can add new material to the compost but by resetting the clock.
Although two-chamber compost allows you to create compost in two different batches, they are usually cheaper and a little harder to use. For the time it takes to make compost and ease of use, Miracle-Gro is definitely a good investment.
What distinguishes this compost from crows is its unique two-part system. Waste is collected in the drum, the first part of the system, and processed into compost. The second part of the system is the base on which liquid flows from the drum.
The base can hold up to 2.5 liters of liquid in what is often called “root massate”. You can use “root massate” as a liquid fertilizer or simply let the tea be mixed with humus.
In addition to its unique design, Miracle-Gro is a very durable construction machine. It is made of food safety BPA-free material and is both antioxidant and UV protected. This way you can use all the compost it gives your plants without having to worry about them being contaminated by harmful contaminants.
It is durable enough to withstand a wide range of climates, including hot and cold temperatures, excessive drought and high humidity and humidity. Cleaning and maintenance are simple, as is the operation of the compost.
All you need to do is turn the container over every few days. Within a few weeks, you will receive a nutritious organic compost that you can use in your garden.
- Available in 17 or 35 liter barrels
- The unique design with two systems provides both compost and “compost” or liquid fertilizer
- Built to last
- Made of BPA without food safety substances
- UV and antioxidants protected
- easy to use
- Easy maintenance
- Does not require enormous effort to turn
- Compact size
- Delivered pre-assembled
- The slightest smell
- Secure locking device
- Available in black and pink
- Some users said it was difficult to scroll
- Others said that root mass was difficult to access
Second place: The worm in the worm factory’s 360 composts
If you are looking for minimal work and the lowest possible odor, the Worm Factor 360 Worm Composter should definitely do the right thing. Since the composting of the organic material depends on worms, you do not have to worry about tipping or spreading the script manually. the snakes do everything for you!
It usually has a size of four compartments that can be expanded to eight compartments, making it the largest composer in the world by volume. It also has a built-in “ormate” or “rootmassate” collector with light so you can easily empty the fertilizer.
Worm Factor 360 Worm Composter relies on worms to do the composting work for you. This not only makes composting easier but also makes it much more odorless. In fact, this compost produces almost no odor. Installing and using the compost is very simple. Composter is available in standard size 4 compartments. However, it can be expanded to eight compartments so that you can easily maximize the volume.
Start with the lower shelf and included linens to install. Then add a pound of compost and fill the tray with your waste. The snakes begin to process the material into a super fine, nutritious compost in a short time.
When the first jet is full or organic, add another tray at the top and continue until you have created as much compost as you want or used all eight trays.
When the waste decomposes, all moisture flows through the filtration system. You can easily approach the “worm” or “compost” through the cone in front of the compost and use it as a liquid fertilizer for your plants.
- Almost odorless compost
- Completely organic process
- Good ventilation
- Collects compost, which is easy to get around the cone
- easy to use
- Comes with four stacking trays, mineral powder, accessories and instructions that are easy to follow
- No need to roll over or turn over manually
- You will need to buy earthworms, which can be difficult to find in some areas
- Some users said they had difficulty figuring out how to set it up
Budget: FCMP Tumbling Outdoor Composter
If you are looking for a high quality compost that is easy to use but not as heavy on your budget as the environmental wheel or worm factor, the FCMP Tumbling Outdoor Composter is a great choice.
It holds up to 37 liters of organic waste, which is more than the environmental ring, and all you need to do is throw it away several times every few days and within a few weeks you have a nutritious organic compost that you can use to feed the gardens, your or the lawn.
FCMP Tumbling Outdoor Composter is an eight-sided tumbling composter. This means that you can compost in two different batches. If you add organic material to one chamber and add more material to the other chamber during composting, you will always get new, nutritious fertilizer for your gardens.
This compost is made from BPA-free, UV-protected, 100 percent recycled polypropylene and is as durable as it is safe. You can use the compost it creates on your fruits or vegetables without worrying about contaminants. The two-chamber drum sits on a corrosion-resistant frame made of galvanized steel so that it can withstand all weather conditions and lasts for many years.
The chamber provides excellent ventilation because there are ventilation holes all over the chamber as well as deep ribs that help to break up large lumps of material. A lot of oxygen enters your compost.
The large open and removable door makes it very easy to put garden waste or kitchen waste in the compost and remove full compost from it. It also has deep fins on the body that serve good grip.
The transition design is very efficient and easy to use. Make sure the doors are closed and turn them 5 to 6 times every other to every three days. After about 2 weeks you get fresh, rich compost.
- 37 liter drum
- Double thin design
- Provide excellent ventilation for excellent oxygenation
- easy to use
- Made of BPA-free, UV-resistant material, 100 percent recycled material
- Galvanized steel base
- Make compost in just two weeks
- Space saving; It does not take up much space
- Easy to clean
- It does not come together so you have to put it together yourself and some users said it was a bit tricky to put it together.
- Other users found that they had problems with leakage within a few months
Compost from GEOBIN
If you are looking for a simple but practical and economical compost, GEOBIN compost is an excellent choice. It has a perforated construction outdoors that enables high air flow and rapid decomposition.
The unique design, which contains five interconnected keys, allows the container to be easily enlarged from 112 liters to 216 liters. The light, easy-to-assemble design makes it very easy to move to different places.
Composting is environmentally friendly in itself, but when you rot in this container, the process is even more environmentally friendly because it is made from 50 percent recycled plastic.
The material is durable and weather resistant, so you can be sure that this compost basket will last a long time. The design is very simple. It is thin and black in color. Although it is not as aesthetically pleasing as other compost boxes on our list, it is compact and only 4 meters high, so you can easily stick it in a corner and keep it away.
The most notable feature of the GEOBIN compost is its flexibility. As mentioned earlier, the capacity can be adjusted from 112 liters to 216 liters so that it can expand or shrink according to your composting needs.
You can just start with the remaining organic waste and then increase the size as you add more ingredients. So you do not have to invest in many barrels as your composting needs increase. However, there are some disadvantages. It does not come with any item, but you can use your own to keep it attached to the ground.
Another thing that can be a problem is that it is thin and made of plastic so that it is not pest resistant and some users have said that they have had problems with animals chewing through it. Despite this, most people who used this dealer said that it lasted for three years without any problems.
- Simple flexible design. The capacity can be adjusted from 112 liters to 216 liters
- Lightweight, compact design is easy to transport and can be connected to corners to hide it
- The perforated outdoor area enables excellent air flow and increases the composting speed
- Made of 50 percent recycled plastic for environmentally friendly design
- Very easy to assemble
- It is one of the cheapest composts on the market
- It is not resistant to pests and some users have said that they have had problems with the squirrels and other chickens chewing through it.
- There are no objects to secure it in place and several users said they had problems with the compost falling down. However, you can add a few things to combat this problem.
DF Omer 60 liter extension for your gardener
If you already have composting and want to expand its capacity, the DF Omer 60 gallon extension for the garden compressor is for you.
This practical unit allows you to get more out of the compost you already have when it expands in size and provides an additional 230 liters.
This compost basket supplement is made from high quality recycled plastic and is free of BPA to ensure that the nutrients in the compost do not decrease and the toxins do not affect your compost.
The black color attracts and maintains heat and also controls moisture to reduce composting time. This extension piece is easily attached to the compost you already have so you can maximize your composting efforts.
Note, however, that the DF Omer 60 gallon extension for your garden compressor is only one accessories. It does not come with the main compartment. So if you do not already have one, you will need to purchase a compost chamber to use the accessory.
- Increases the size of the garden press by an additional 230 liters to maximize your composting potential
- Made of BPA-free recycled plastic to ensure the safest and most nutritious compost
- The plastic color of this extra feature helps to attract and maintain more heat and control moisture and reduces the time it takes to compost
- easy to use
- It’s just an enlargement operation. It does not come with a compost chamber
- Some customers said that there were no openings for the doors on the panels and that they had to cut through the plastic.
Rotating box 60 liters of compost
Turning organic waste into nutritious compost is a breeze with Spin Bin 60 liters of compost. The simple continuous construction of this gasket, which sits on a solid powder-coated steel stand, offers a certain visual appeal.
The container is made from 100 percent recycled plastic made in the USA. It has 20 ventilation residues that enable excellent air circulation and evacuation. The black color of the container attracts heat and maintains it for faster composting.
The rotating box holds up to 6 liters of organic material, which is a significant amount. The walls are torn, which strengthens the construction and improves the mixing effect.
A double mixing rod improves the mixing effect and allows the compost to be aerated each time the container is rotated. It has a zippered lid at both ends of the barrel for easy access and to keep the storage properly closed so you do not have to worry about pest problems.
There are four compost thermometers in total, so you can easily check the temperature to ensure that the material decomposes properly. The turntable is easy to assemble, removable and inexpensive. It simplifies the composting process.
Overall, we love Spin Bin 60 Gallon rootmolatumlin. With a capacity of 60 liters, you can create a lot of compost. A total of 20 ventilation and drainage gutters and the black color enable faster decomposition of organic material.
- Holds up to 60 liters of compost
- The thin construction enables easy rotation
- Wide opening with closing lids on both sides of the container provides easy access and keeps pests out
- Powder-coated steel stand keeps the compost off the ground and makes it easier to use
- 20 ventilation and drainage ducts assume the correct air flow and correct drainage of compost stone
- The black color absorbs the heat of the sun and keeps it in place
- Some users said they did not like vertical design
- Others said it was difficult to turn around when it was about half full
Other best-selling options
- 🌱 Efficient compost ： Easy to turn and the air holes ensure that the compost has the best air circulation. How to get successful composting.
- After better use: Double compartment, you can use one side first and then another. More options, more health. 43 liters (2X21.5 gal)
- OreEasy: With the compost cup, you only need to twist it a little without digging, twisting and mixing by hand. All you need to do is open the sliding door and put the leftovers inside, turning 6-7 times every other day.
- ÚSuper high quality: Made of PP and BPA-free; Steel frame and very solid. The maximum load capacity is 352 lb. The compost in the cylinder is made of “modified PP”, which improves its resistance to cold.
- . Reliable customer service: It is always our principle to offer the most professional compost to our customers and keep customers happy with us. If you have any problems, do not hesitate to contact us, we are always here to help.
- GROW YOUR GREEN THUMBS – Adding nutritious soil to your garden can be a challenge for even the experienced gardener. With DF Omer compost bottles, the process is so simple that everyone can turn their garden into a personal paradise.
- Renew your life – Limit the trash and save money by adding compost to your garden. Just fill your dish with organic waste, use the vitamin-enriched soil from your compost bin and enjoy delicious home-grown products.
- MADE FROM PREMIUM RECYCLED PLASTIC – This compost bin is made from BPA-free recycled plastic to ensure that toxins do not remove valuable vitamins. In addition, the black PP plastic retains heat and controls moisture for a shorter composting time.
- Ventilation station – Composting can be a complicated process, but DF Omer compost bins are easy to assemble and use, so you can quickly start composting without digging, spitting or mixing by hand. Keep boring animals away from your precious leftovers with a practical and secure lid.
- Our promise – protected by our two-year guarantee, you are guaranteed the best designed compost on the market. If you encounter problems, our dedicated service team will help with all your garden projects.
- Dual Campus Debris – The two-bedroom compost enables stable composting. Fill as usual at the end of the composting process. The rich black material is ready to use. When empty, it will fill up while the other completes the cycle.
- Ventilation system – A ventilated inner bar mixes compost and provides the necessary air flow. Black, double-walled panels absorb and store heat. Perfect for your garden and for people who do not want to mix organic waste in conventional compost.
- INGENIOUS TUMBLER DESIGN – Rotates the shaft for easy and balanced rotation. Simple sliding doors help monitor each bike. The length of 1 door is 10.23 inches and the width is 6.1
- Comfortable load height – high enough to place a trailer under the composting truck. Easy rotation of the barrel, easy to mix waste, fast composting.
- POSITION POULTRY COATED STEEL RAM – The powder coated steel frame provides a stable foundation for the large container. Galvanized steel legs prevent rust and damage.
- 【Powerful construction】 This great drummer turns waste from the kitchen into a game. This premium BPA-free organic compost basket is made of PP material and is made of powder-coated steel. Interconnected panels provide extra strength. They are robust enough to hold a device that does not rock, not even when it rotates or wants to turn, even work 40 km / h while there is compost in it
- 【Convenient double compartment】 The black compost cup has two compartments so you can use compost more often and more efficiently, but with compost with a barrel you have to wait for the original material to decompose properly. You can also combine it with a dry source to avoid soaking compost
- 【Convenient ventilation system】 The strong compost bin has ventilation holes and deep ribs to break up lumps in the chamber and mix a lot of oxygen in the compost. Make sure all the tabs are also in place on the streets or in the panel would not be a flat seam. Easy to use with split openings. Just slide the door to add the compost and slide it
- 【Swivel and easy to assemble】 This swivel compartment is relatively easy to assemble – half an hour or less, manually with installation steps in each package, including gloves and a screwdriver. The middle part consists of sharp edges on the opposite side. Make sure that the edge fits into the grooves in the panels when mounting. Tip: Use self-locking nuts and unscrew the nuts until they touch the plastic. Then you can turn the balls without having to hold the nut
- 【Fast processing and space saving】 Black compost can help absorb sunlight, allow warm temperatures and speed up composting. Covers enough for the outdoors, looks good in the garden and does not smell as long as you keep the green / brown ratio right. Make urban composting very easy! Maximum capacity 43 liters and composite size 28. 5 “X 25” X 37 “
- Odorless and harmless: Subpod is an aerobic system that promotes odorless microorganisms to speed up the composting process, odorless anaerobic substances.
- COMBINED TO 15 kg of food waste a week: The subpod works as a small compost factory. Your molten snakes and the useful microbes that live next to them are the workers! Dimensions: length 29.5 inches x width 17.7 inches x height 16.9 inches
- SUITABLE FOR 1 – 6 MÄNHUS: No matter how much food waste you cause, Subpod can handle it. Work with compost and microorganisms to create rich soil and grow organic food.
- Double Composite Room: The unique 360 degree ventilation under the subpods cover ensures that fresh air flows through your system. With weekly ventilation, your compost always smells like woodland.
- Hassle-free 5 minutes of weekly maintenance: Taking care of the trash is as easy as opening a lid, stirring the rest and putting in. All work is done by the worms below you.
Outdoor Composter: Buying Guide
When choosing an outdoor compost, safety is the most important factor to consider. When the waste is converted into compost, it creates a foul-smelling mess that can attract wild animals. It can also attract children’s attention. If you do not want your children to get into your compost basket and do not want to invite unwanted animals, it is absolutely necessary to choose a dish with a special locking system.
Many new compost bins have improved locking equipment, but not all. So when shopping, make sure this feature is a priority. If you are going to use compost to feed fruits or vegetables, it is important to choose containers made of substances that are considered safe for food. Otherwise, it is likely that you will get sick of eating your money.
When you buy compost, you will find that there are several patterns to choose from. Stagnation and rolling are among the most popular, but there are also options that use worms to break down the organic material you fill the container with.
Which type you choose actually depends on your specific needs, how much space you need to spend on the trash and how much you plan to spend. Although stationary compost baskets are usually the cheapest option, you have to do most of the composting yourself, which means turning to organic material.
Trash is a bit more expensive but you do not have to turn the compost manually. Instead, the container comes with a device that allows you to sell organic ingredients. Finally, a worm-shaped container requires as little work as possible because the worms do the work for you.
Mask-based compost bins also do not give off an odor, which is another advantage. However, you can only use red angle worms to do the job (which can be difficult to find in your area) and you can not compost certain foods such as citrus fruits, dairy products or meat.
With the above considerations, you can start buying compost outdoors. There is only one problem: there are so many different options to choose from! Having options is really good but it can also be overwhelming.
When buying composting, it is important that you choose the right one for your needs. Below are some important things to keep in mind when choosing the right compost for you.
As mentioned at the beginning, there are three main types of compost: manual, rotten and worm layers. Although manual preservatives are usually the cheapest, you will need to turn the compost manually, which can be a smelly and messy chore.
With a rotating rotor, you just rotate the barrel and the material rotates so you do not have to rotate it by hand, but they are slightly more expensive than handmade. Deworming depends on compost to convert organic material into fertilizer.
Although this method is almost odorless, you will have to hand over the worms and you may not be able to compost all types of substances such as dairy products and meat.
Think about how much you want to spend on composting to decide which type best suits your needs.
For example, if you do not care about turning the compost manually and you want to save a few dollars, manual composting works for you. But if you are not interested in selling it and can afford to spend a little more, tumbling composts may be a better choice for you.
It is also important to take into account the size of the land. Decide how much compost you want to create to choose the right size for your specific needs.
In addition, you should consider how much space you need for the compost to choose the right size.
You should also consider ventilation. Organic melts faster when they have access to a lot of oxygen. Ideally, the compost should have many ventilation holes that speed up the time it takes to convert the waste into compost.
Frequently asked questions about the compost bin
In this section, we provide answers to the most common questions about composting.
What can be put in the compost?
You should only put organic material in composting. However, the type of material you can put in depends on the type of compost you use. For example, you can usually not use condensed dairy products or meat products with vermicompost. However, you can compost almost any type of organic material with a manual and rolling compost.
Note, however, that you should avoid putting objects that contain seeds, weeds, fats and oils or bones in any type of compost.
How can I reduce the smell?
To reduce the smell from composting, add brown material such as hay or leaves to prevent it from drying out. Rotate the stack frequently to ensure proper ventilation and to avoid the addition of nitrogen.
Why is nothing happening to my compost?
Turn the compost more often and add water or aqueous organic material to the mixture. You should also make sure that you have an even mixture of green and brown ingredients.
How can I fight pests?
Be sure to keep meat, fish and fat to a minimum to avoid pests. The more of these items you put in your compost bin, the more pests are attracted to them. Also, make sure that the container is closed and locked properly when you have finished adding or removing layers.
When is the best time to compost?
The perfect time for composting is when the temperature is relatively warm and the air is moist enough. Make sure the temperature is above freezing.
If you live in a dry climate, you can add water to your compost heap to facilitate the decomposition process.
If you decompose when the temperature is close to freezing, will the decomposition process to slow down slowly as the nitrogen content drops, which can prevent organic matter from turning into compost.
Outdoor composting is a great way to recycle organic waste and turn it into food for your gardens. From the compost bins listed in our review, all are good options. Consider the factors above to decide who to choose. Good luck and have fun with composting!