Easy to use:
A lightweight blower that competes with the big boys.
Craftsman V60 60 volt cordless blower comes from a long line of craft tools.
In 1988, my father gave me the most practical gift ever: a set of hand tools. I still appreciate this set of wrenches and screwdrivers (minus some of the things the garage ate in various projects).
A craftsman has a symbolic name that has been synonymous with quality and value since 1927. But until recently, I had never owned a Craftsman power tool. How would the Craftsman name stand up to other force brands? I could not wait to find out.
- Recommended area: Up to 1/4 hectare
- Flight speed: 110 MPH
- Transfer volume (CFM): 600
- Battery type: Lithium-ion battery V60 MAX 2.5 AH (included), compatible with all other Craftsman V60 battery-operated tools
- Best charging time: 65-750 FF
- Charger: V60 MAX fast charger (included)
- Charging time: About 75 minutes
- Weight:6 lbs (approx. 10.2 lbs with battery installed)
- Speed options: 2 faster (low and high)
- Length: Approximately 90 minutes at LO speed; 11 minutes at HI speed
- Engine: Brushless
- Additional features: Part of the VersaTrack layout system (tested in a later review)
The tool arrived quickly and in great condition thanks to a composite box that kept things securely in place. Included was a blower, blower gun, battery and charger as well as instructions.
Charge the battery – do this first
Charging the 60V battery is a simple process. Connect the device to the mains. Then slide the battery into place. It takes approx. 75 minutes to fully charge (less the first time the battery is partially charged).
The screen flashes green during charging. When the battery is green, it is fully charged and ready for use.
The instructions state that the lithium-ion battery should be charged at a temperature between 65 and 75 ° C0 F for the best battery life (in other words, charge it indoors). Do not charge the battery at temperatures below 40 ° C.0 FF
See our article on this Frequently asked questions about Li-Ion batteries used in gardens and garden equipment
Very easy installation
After charging the battery, I assembled the Craftsman blower. For the form, I scanned the instructions. I did not have to worry; It is designed as a simple puzzle.
Remove the paper filling from the motor opening, adjust the grid on the tube to the fan housing and press until it “clicks”. If you want to secure the pipe further, you can add a few screws to hold the plumbing in place.
When the battery is fully charged, slide it into the fan until you hear a click.
I wish all tools were so easy to install!
SECURITY IN THE PRIORITY
The hand blower can move air at 110 MPH speed.
In January 2017, White Sox pitcher Michael Kopech made headlines when he threw the 110 mph track during his first practice of the year, an achievement that was once considered unprotected. If you are hit by a ball traveling at 110 mph, your body will explode! Okay, I just made it up. Your body would not explode, but it would hurt terribly if it did not kill you immediately. I’m not saying that the Craftsman blazer can be used to launch fast balls for punching. You just have to know that it drives everything in its path at an incredible speed.
Use caution when using the blower. As with gun safety, the blower’s working end is not aimed at anything you do not want to kill or injure. Protect your feet with closed shoes when stepping into the whirlpool of small rocks. And use an eye protection to prevent dirt from damaging your eyes (like this one) stylish Wiley-X safety sunglasses
Getting the fan started
If I gave this 6 year old kid this blazer (which I would not recommend) this kid would have no trouble realizing simple monitoring.
The device has two operating rods: ignition for ON / OFF and slide for LO / HI. The ignition pulls easily and naturally by simply picking up the device and it is easy to reach the power button to change the speed of the trip.
The blower also has a “cruise control” function so you do not have to keep pulling the trigger to blow air.
Let the fan run
When I tried the blazer, I did not notice that the blazer did not come with a shoulder strap. Then it dawned on me: no one is needed. It weighs a little more than a 2 liter bottle of soda, but is much more balanced and easier to carry.
For comparison, I tried 120V fans that weighed only 9.5 lbs. up to 23 pounds! At 5.6 kg, this is the lightest large blower I have ever held in my hands.
But I wonder if this low weight would affect performance. The short answer: not a little!
I tested the Craftsman V60 wireless leaf blower in three blowing applications: over pavement, over brush / grass and over gravel.
Strikes across the sidewalk
It’s spring in North Carolina so instead of leaves I have mulch and debris that run off my mulch mounds when it rains. I took a short step down my driveway in the Craftsman blazer and the front street I recently rode excellent Craftsman V60 wireless trimmer
The results speak for themselves.
Blow up the grass / brush
Although pavement offers little friction, it is much more difficult to move leaves over grass, plants, shrubs and vegetation.
Sorry, because before that I had no leaves and no grass waste to blow Yard Force self-propelled mower I went into the woods with the bag to pick up a piece of pine needles and cones.
While my photographer took a break, I tried to clear pine needles and other debris from a path in my forest. Impressive. Just lower the tip of the blower to the ground burnt pine needles, teeth and rubber balls.
Blow over gravel / rocks
I have gravel around my Koi pond. Unfortunately, some pine and rubber trees also hang over the gravel. I spend a lot of time cleaning the gravel so my pond looks less like an abandoned parking lot.
I have another blazer that I wear every two weeks, so take it out to contain dirt if it falls off. But I’ve now got a new favorite. Even my heaviest (and heaviest) fan brings only 540 CFM; The craftsman moves 600!
Remember when I said the craftsman was moving air at 110 miles per hour? While miles per hour is important, it is only half the picture. You need high air speeds to transport heavy objects such as rocks, twigs and wet leaves. However, CFM (cubic meters per minute) is how much air blower blows out in one minute.
I’ve tried blowers that power at 150 mph, a speed I’ve only seen a few times in a car. It’s incredibly fast. However, the same unit carries only 540 CFM. Speed is important, but speed alone does not mean performance. Check out CFM, the other part of the story that tells you how much air the fan pushes.
The important question is: “How did it work on gravel?”
Magic. Serious. When a unit is used with more km / h and less CFM, the debris usually gets stuck in the rocks. But the craftsman moved enough air to move the trash and clean the gravel surface WITHOUT removing the grinder!
Should you buy the craft blower?
The new Craftsman 60V Max hand-held blower is a compact, lightweight powerhouse that allows you to cut the cord of your electric blower or prevent air pollution from your blower.
Here’s what I loved about Craftsman Blower:
- Easy installation. If you do not want to read manuals this is for you. I put it together in a few seconds and it was ready as soon as the battery was charged.
- Easy to useThere is no premixed gas or finding out what all the action is doing. Just insert the battery and pull the trigger. If you need more power, slide it from LO to HI. As simple as that.
- Lightweight yet powerfulTo get tight and light tools, we usually have to accept something that feels like it is powered by an older gerbil. Not like that here. This device moves a lot of air and it moves it quickly. Just know that the trash is blown in all directions because the pipe is round and wide. It is difficult to determine exactly where it is going.
- Good development. If you run it at high power, the battery life will be much shorter, for example up to 11 minutes. On the other hand, most blowers I have seen only run HI for about 8 minutes unless you have a very heavy battery with a higher Ah (in that case it is no longer a light blower). However, if your work falls into most projects where the LO speed is good enough, you can do it for 90 minutes, which is downright great. Given the air that this item emits, I did not have to use the HI setting very often.
- The design prevents it from getting sucked into your shirtThe axial fan creates a space between the air intake and the back of the unit. I’ve never seen this design before. Most devices place the inlet at the rear or rear, which means that if it is sucked into your body, the airflow will be limited! Not with this design. There is a buffer between the air intakes that keeps your body away from the fan so you do not burn the machine too.
- Cut the ropeI’m not tied to an extension cord and do not need to inhale gas fumes to clean my yard. And unlike other wireless blowers I’ve tried, I can use it all day (as long as I’m running it in LO mode) thanks to the long-lasting, lightweight 60V lithium-ion battery.
- VersaTrack system compatibleCraftsman 60V MAX leaf blower is part of the VersaTrack system, a wall-mounted storage system that keeps your tools close, organized and ready when the urge to garden arises! (Do not worry, I will discuss this soon!)
If I could make a change it would be:
- As an additional option, create a longer tubeThe tool is the perfect length for people of small and medium height. But the tube is pretty short. No, it does not affect the performance of the tool, but I can imagine that someone older than 6’2 “would bend to reach the end close to the ground to do a lot of everything. Heck, I would buy the longer tube to have for the time when I do not want to get too close to the forest.
- And I would put a metal ring on top of this long tube so that it could be scraped off stubborn material like a wet leaf that has hardened in place. The circular plastic pipes are not as effective at lifting or scraping objects that are stuck on the floor.
The Craftsman leaf blower comes with a 90-day money back guarantee. If you buy it and you do not like it, send it back for your money. In addition, the Craftsman leaf blower comes with a 4-year lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
This is the lightest wireless blower I have tried so far and one of the most powerful. At just over 5 pounds (10 pounds with the battery installed), 90 minutes of driving time (at low setting) and 600 CFM at 110 mph, this is a great fan. He does not have a shoulder strap but he just does not need it; It is light and in good enough balance that it can be easily held with one hand. The only caveat is that taller people (over 6 feet or so) are likely to find the blower gun on the short side, making it uncomfortable with prolonged use.
This year I look forward to the leafy season. No, I do not mean that. However, given the power and strength of this tool along with its light weight, I can imagine that I can quickly work on the leaves that fall off in a few months.
WHERE TO BUY
The Craftsman brand is now operated by Lowe’s. You can find the brushed cordless electric leaf blower craftsman V60 60 volt maximum lithium ion 600-CFM (battery included) in some stores as well as in in its online store where it now sells for $ 239.
You can too Buy the Craftsman blower on Amazon (where you can usually get better prices and free shipping).
Last updated 22-03-2021 / Related links / images from the Amazon Product Submission