Lazy afternoons and warm evenings in the summer are perfect for outdoor activities. When July is in full swing and summer is raging, it’s time to enjoy it before the cold weather returns.
Are you a drive-thru fan? There is something mysterious about the experience of watching a movie outdoors. Fortunately, you no longer have to pack your kids in the car to enjoy nature.
All you need to enjoy the outdoors is a projection screen. Put one in your garden, turn on a projector and watch the latest movies in the fresh air instead of everyone concentrating on the couch.
Invite your friends to an evening show and light a barbecue. Get the most out of your summer and get a projector outdoors. In this post, we will look at the best projection screens out there. We give you more insight into the most important models available as well as our selected choices.
Our main choice
If you want to start a branch right away, you can count on one of our most popular options for your projector. We have models in different sizes and at different prices depending on your needs and budget.
Best choice: Pyle 120-inch projection screen
- 120 “FLAT RAM: Fixed 120” flat Pyle Professional has a special spring magnification system so that the projection is 100% flat and is perfect for home cinema, office, school or classroom applications.
- VIEW FOR BRIDE SCREEN: the ratio 16: 9 corresponds to the ratio for full-resolution TV. This is perfect for applications where the flat screen TV is not large enough. Enjoy a great movie marathon experience with your family or friends now.
- FOOD SCREW: High quality matte, elastic PVC screen reduces light waves and glare to achieve perfect color balance for a realistic image. It also offers a 160 ° view of the axle, making each seat the best seats.
- FLAT NEW DISPLAY: Pyle has a universal wall bracket for installing flat surfaces to maintain the diagonal shape. There is a secure elastic spring on the back of the screen to make the screen flat
- BLACK MOISTURE MASK LIMIT: There is a specially designed screwed aluminum frame covered with black velvet to achieve the best focus and setting. It also absorbs excess screen light and helps to contrast images.
This model is recognized as the best overall model in this evaluation. Pyle has a 120-inch screen that allows you to attach it to a wall, either indoors or outdoors. The on-screen suspension system keeps the surface flat and the 16: 9 screen format on the screen makes it perfect for watching HD and Blu-ray movies.
- – Bring your favorite movies, cartoons and TV shows to the big screen in the garden.
- -Large inflatable movie screens are easy to set up in minutes or less, very easy to inflate and use.
- Suitable for camping, camping, birthdays and wedding parties, it will definitely impress your family and friends.
- -It has a nesting screen made of oxford fabric material so you can easily clean it when the surface is dirty.
- -We arrange both 110V and 220V versions of fans for customers from different countries. Let me know which version is your default voltage.
If you want to turn your garden into an IMAX cinema, we recommend that you visit KUNHEWUHUA. This model has a 30.5-foot display with an inflatable frame. Connect your fan and you will have a film screen installed in your garden in a few minutes. With easy-to-clean Oxford surfaces and great excitement on screen, you get a fantastic outdoor movie experience this summer.
Budget Choice: Mdbebbron 120 inch projector
- Comfortable to store and carry – Tight, complete, light and foldable design. You can fold the screen small and put it in your backpack or suitcase
- VID APPLICATION – Ideal choice for home movies, offices, education, conference room presentation, public presentation, outdoor photos and more
- ANTI-CREASE AND CLOSE UP MATERIAL – Made of natural polyester material. The projection is sharper and brighter than most other projection screens. The projection screen is thick and smooth and has no wrinkles when broken / pressed.
- Easy installation – The projection screen is easy to attach to the wall / bracket with hooks, ropes, brackets, nails and double-sided tape.
- FORMAT AND SIZE – 16: 9 screen format, 120 “gives diagonal 104” x 58 “screen area
This 120-inch model has a spring-loaded screen with a aspect ratio of 16: 9. This model can be folded for tight storage and easy transport. The price is good and you can get a complete experience in your garden for less than $ 45. The anti-wrinkle material has a high absorption rate and provides a crystal clear image for your movie night.
Reviews on outdoor projectors
Our main models are the best choice in this exam. In this chapter, we will pack them in more detail and look at some other types that we think should be included in this discussion.
Pyle 120 Inch Projector – Best Transmission Screen
Pyle’s 120-inch projection screen wins the highest prize in this test. This model has a 120-inch face that is designed and made of a material that is not wrinkle-free and easy to clean.
The back of the screen is painted black, so the screen surface creates a clear, bright and moist image when you watch your favorite movies. The screen is attached to the frame with a special spring system that keeps the screen tight and prevents the risk of wrinkles or screams during use.
This model has a universal wall bracket that allows you to easily attach it to any wall inside or outside the home in a few seconds. The black velvet edge of this model provides the best image mode and focus and helps absorb and project redundant projectors.
The high-quality PVC screen is matte in texture and offers excellent image reproduction and color reproduction. This model offers a 160 degree angle which makes it ideal for large gatherings. You get a 16: 9 aspect ratio, which is perfect for looking at modern photos that fit.
- Aluminum frame
- Spring tension system for dense screen
- PVC strainer made of elastic material
- 120 “screen with 16: 9 aspect ratio
- Black velvet back wall for imaging and dimming
- 30 day money back guarantee
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Not weatherproof
- Difficult to pack and store
KUNHEWUHUA 30.5 inch inflatable film screen – best choice
If you are planning an outdoor event or if you live in a large area and want a branch movie, this model is the first choice. This screen has a giant diameter of 30.5 feet, making it suitable for the largest outdoor events. If you run a production company and need a live event screen, this model is your first choice. This inflatable model has hard skin and can withstand thorns or knotted roots in the ground that can cause stings.
Attach a fan to the screen and blow it up in a few minutes. When the screen is fully inflated, it does not move in the wind and gives the subject a solid screen surface. The 16: 9 aspect ratio is perfect for all modern media formats that you can watch movies, TV show or music videos with.
The matte white texture of the Oxford fabric used in the screen design will emphasize the color and definition of your film. Darker is on the back of the screen to improve image quality, even during the day.
This model is dried with a sponge and a light soap solution. It is easy to set up and take down and the screen folds up for tight storage and easy transport.
- Huge 30.5 foot screen for the largest outdoor exhibits
- Oxford cloth for easy cleaning
- Inflatable for easy installation
- Good image enhancement
- Narrow screen for best projection and image
- Big and heavy to move
Mdbebbron 120 inch projectors – the best outdoor budget
This model provides the most value for money in this rating. For less than $ 45, your family could watch movies in the garden this weekend.
The 120-inch projection screen from Mdbebbron is characterized by design and construction with a matte white structure on the visible surface. The screen emphasizes colors and definitions in images and gives you a clear, moist image.
This model is delivered without frame. To set it, attach the rope through the eye lines outside the screen. You can install this model anywhere and it is a great choice for a portable movie screen for your friend’s vacation or house.
The screen collapses in a few minutes and is easy to clean. You get a 16: 9 aspect ratio for most modern media formats and it is a great choice for watching 4K and Full HD movies. The screen is designed and made of non-wrinkled material so you can easily break it down and install it every time you use it.
- Construction of polyester fabric
- Excellent color screen
- Foldable design for tight storage
- Sight that is not curled to break and move easily
- 16: 9 aspect ratio for full screen
- 120 inch screen size
- Easy to install with the included mounting hooks
- Not weatherproof
- Requires disassembly after use
SW-LAMP indoor projector
This model has a high price, but is a good choice for a premium screen and a top competitor for the best overall model in this review. With this transmission screen you get a whole aluminum frame and stand in front of the screen.
A collapsible stand makes this model a perfect choice for a stand-alone model for your garden. The frame develops in a few seconds and the screen is easy to set up. The 90-inch screen has a 16: 9 aspect ratio and is perfect for watching modern movies and TV shows.
The screen is clamped to the frame for easy installation and division and you get a wide 160 degree angle. The screen is designed and constructed with a matte white structure on the front and a dark lid on the back. The result is a clear, defined image with excellent color.
The screen is easy to dry and clean and the light frame makes it easy to carry. Put it in a tight bag and take this screen with you on a movie night on vacation or to your friend.
- Integrated system with snap frame for easy installation and transport
- 80 inch screen size
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- The screen is suitable for 4K and UHD movies
- Enriched colors and clear images
- Darker screen for light absorption
- Not weatherproof
Vamvo indoor projector
The Vamvo 120-inch projection screen is the first choice in this test. This model has the design and construction of an aluminum frame and is powerful and windproof. Two support legs of this type have a fold-out base and a rope coupling to keep the screen safe, even on windy evenings.
You can install this model in less than 5 minutes by inserting an aluminum tube into the plastic frame unit. The screen clicks into place with the frame and provides a stable viewing surface. The screen itself is characterized by the design and construction of matte white material for clear, sharp images and precise color output.
Vamvo is easy to install and disassemble and you get a material bag that comes with the purchase. This model is very portable and makes it easy to transport and store. Take it home to your friend for a vacation or a movie night.
This model has a aspect ratio of 16: 9 for use with modern media formats. There is a blackout on the back of the screen to ensure that no light enters the image on the back. You get a wide angle of 160 degrees, which makes it the first choice for large gatherings.
- Has aluminum lining for free-standing installation
- Lightweight frame for easy assembly and disassembly
- Has a bag for easy transport
- 120 “screen size with a 16: 9 inch aspect ratio
- Sleds are included for windy weather
- 2 year warranty
AYAOQIANG 120-inch projector
This model is a top choice due to the favorable price and the accessories that come with the equipment. The screen is 2.5 times thicker than most other models and has a darker back to reduce blood flow to the screen. It is easy to wipe off and the wrinkle-free material ensures that you get a flat screen without screams or lines.
We like the stainless steel frame that comes with this model and make it a semi-structural structure in your garden that can withstand weather corrosion. The frame is mounted in a few minutes and provides a dense screen with solid legs that do not land in the wind. We want to see rope couplings installed to ensure stability in windy conditions.
The screen offers a crystal clear image suitable for viewing 4K and Blu-ray images and you get a 16: 9 aspect ratio for your favorite movies. The screen is in a special bag that weighs less than 7 pounds in total.
- Excellent value for standalone screen
- 120 “screen with 16: 9 aspect ratio
- Suitable for 4K and full HD images
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- Easy installation and errors
- Bag included
- Not weatherproof
- No straps straps in windy conditions
P-Jing 120-inch projector
The P-Jing projector is another challenger to the best budget purchases in this review. With this model, you get a 16: 9 aspect ratio and a screen suitable for playing 4K, Full HD and Blu-ray movies. The wrinkle-free screen ensures that you do not get wrinkles and experience a real movie experience.
There are 12 metal slides on the edge of the screen and you can easily install all outdoor constructions in a few minutes. It’s a great choice for a laptop screen for a holiday or movie night with your friends.
There is a thick darker material on the back of the screen to prevent light bleeding and improve image quality.
- 120-inch screen with 16: 9-inch ratio
- Wrinkle-free screen
- Light control for clear image quality
- Easy to clean
- Easy to open and install
- Has no frame
- Not weatherproof
Other best-selling options
- ENJOY THE MOVIE OUTDOORS – Enjoy your favorite movies at any time with your family and friends in the backyard of the white tent. Great addition to resorts, outdoor festivals and special occasions
- DURABLE MATERIAL – Made of durable 210D Oxford fabric of high quality; Durable weather-resistant material enables long-term use indoors or outdoors
- Quickly inflated – The included silent fan pump can blow up this movie screen in minutes and keep it inflated the entire time it is connected, so you do not have to spend a lot of time setting it up. Remember to unpack the zipper before inflating it
- Easy to install – This projector has a free-standing bracket in the ratio 16: 9. Tar straps, a hat, a professional 85W built-in air fan and a 420D Oxford case for mobile phone are included for easy installation and storage.
- Easy to clean and store – After your event, the enlarged film screen collapses for quick cleaning and convenient storage. The removable projection surface makes it easy to clean and maintain the screen
- Larger screen size than similar products – The white screen size is 13 x 8 feet and the aspect ratio is 16 9
- Front and rear projection options – Fantastic front and rear projection material allows you to place a projector behind or in front of the screen for more flexibility
- Less than 5 minutes to install – with the quietest and most powerful fan on the market – no screws or tools needed – everything is included
- Quick storage in 5 minutes – the zipper has a zipper in the black frame. The zipper empties in a few minutes and can be stored in a practical storage bag. The black frame can be dried with any cloth while the white screen is held in place with Velcro and is completely removable and easy to clean
- Large branch – Bring family and friends for a fun night out in your garden, perfect for hatchbacks and camping
- STURDY, TURABLE FRAME – This inflatable nestbox is made of a thick, robust oxford material that is robust and upright to hold, which gives you stable and safe image projection
- 14-foot screen – Dimensions 96 “(W.) and 58” (H.), aspect ratio 16: 9, large display area. This white screen is made of delicate silk fabric and can be removed for easy cleaning and safe storage.
- Front and rear projections: With a quiet but powerful fan. This inflatable film projector can be blown up quickly and quietly and remains inflated throughout the connection if connected
- Easy to carry: With a storage bag that you can easily take with you wherever you go. This lightweight inflatable screen is removable for men and women, men and women, teenagers and children. Travelable portable projection screen for garden, outdoor games, TV video, picnic, camping, outdoor festival and wedding parties
- Easy installation – The inflatable outdoor screen is easy to inflate or remove in two minutes. Including air fan, tent, rope and inflatable pole enables faster installation
- Very easy to install – It takes less than 5 minutes to assemble the entire unit completely.
- Functional outdoor projection screen – Our screen with a portable and light stand makes it the most comfortable portable radio screen for its size. Bag size: 22 * 14 * 4 inches, weight: 9 kg
- Design upgrade – The latest version has a larger screen with even more stability than the previous best-selling version with a 120-inch diagonal and 16: 9 aspect ratio.
- Outdoor Projector Screen – Ropes on either side of the screen are available to withstand harsh windy weather.
- Reliable product quality – Vamvo offers 2 years on the projection screen. Let us know if you are not completely satisfied with your order. Otherwise you will be offered a refund or exchange for the first three months. Completely risk-free purchase for you.
- [100Inch Projector Screen Included] PORTABLE LED VIDEO MOTOR: To meet our customers’ new requirements, DR.J not only improved the brightness and brightness of the projectors but also added a 100-inch portable projection screen to the package. Enjoy great movies out with your family in your garden.
- MAXIMUM 1080P SUPPORT INFORMATION: Supported resolution: 1920 * 1080, aspect ratio: 4: 3/16: 9, brightness: 2000: 1, lamp life: 40,000 hours, display size: 32 “-176” with projector distance 1, 5m – 5m . [Note: not recommended for PPT, word, excel or business presentation.]
- MULTIMEDIA PORTABLE PROJECTOR: DR.J projector is compatible with TV cases, Chromebooks, computers, laptops, tablets, Blu-ray DVD players, SD cards, USB flash drives, video games, media players (music, photos, video, TXT). Smartphones (wireless HDMI dongle not included).
- IDEA SELECTION for home entertainment: DR.J LED projector is perfect for home cinema, indoor and outdoor movies as well as video games with HDMI connection. You can also connect your home theater or surround sound system for better sound quality. Recommended in dark environments.
- CHRISTMAS CHOICE for Christmas: DR. The J Professional HI-04 film projector is definitely the best choice for Christmas. It works both with your daily TV bar and with smartphones. With DR JJ, a unique 100-inch projection screen that you can enjoy time in a home theater with your family both indoors and outdoors.
Outdoor projector screen guide
The weather is warm and the sky is clear. It’s the perfect evening to create a cinema in your garden. This section covers everything you need to know about choosing the right monitor for your outdoor photography experience.
What characterizes an outdoor shed?
What should you look for when choosing an outdoor projection screen? It is not so easy to hang a sheet on the wall. Outdoor cinema screens are designed and constructed with special materials to improve the picture quality of the film.
There are many factors to consider when choosing a monitor. From aspect ratio to screen content, you need to understand all the factors involved in creating the best broadcast screens.
Reinforcement – light reflection
Profit is an important part of your screen. By gain is meant measuring the reflection of light from the material used during the construction of the screen. If your screen has a magnification of 1.0, the content will increase the brightness of the image on your screen. Less than 1.0 reduces image quality, sharpness and brightness.
Profit is an important factor when choosing your monitor. In some settings, it may be difficult to control the ambient light around the projector.
A gain of less than 1.0 will result in a blurred movie if you try to watch a video in the afternoon while it is light outside.
A big advantage is to balance the light and make a correct image of high quality on the screen during the day. The higher the gain, the better the image is refined so that you can get a clear, moisturized image even during the day.
Point of view
Choosing the right angle greatly affects the screen image quality. The perspective illuminates the maximum angle from the center of the screen that provides the best image quality.
Most projectors send light to the screen at right angles. This direction sends less light to the side of the projection screen. If you look at the screen from a wide angle, you have a distorted, dark sight.
Advanced content used on a projector provides a narrower perspective. It’s not a problem if few people see the picture. But if you want to invite your neighbors to a movie, you need a good perspective.
Transmission screens are available in different materials. Do not assume that they all have the same properties as it is white fabric. The type of material used in the manufacture of the screen plays an important role in the quality of the image.
Different content is suitable for different environments and video applications. Some are more efficient for projects such as slide shows, while others have specific uses for projectors. The lighting in the background, perspective and media you are looking at all affect the result of the projection surface.
The color of the back of the screen affects the image quality. We hear you say you’re not looking at the back of the screen and we understand. However, the black background of the screen absorbs light and makes the image sharper and cleaner.
Select a screen of the correct size
Choosing the right screen size for your garden is important. Although we would all like to put a 30-foot monster in your garden, most of us do not have that much space. We all imagine setting up the largest possible screen in our garden. Bigger, however, is not always better.
Using a larger screen requires a good projector that is suitable for the project. Using the default setting can cause a larger screen to degrade image quality and ruin your branch. Nobody wants to see a movie in pixels and mud.
The size of the screen determines how far you have to sit to get the best viewing experience. If you use a 1080p HD projector and a 120-inch screen, you must sit at least 120-180 inches apart to reduce eye strain.
Inflatable screen or solid frame?
The best outdoor projection screens are in fixed or inflated models. A fixed model is the most popular option for smaller outdoor spaces. Fixed models are usually available in sizes up to 120 inches. You must choose a free-standing frame model or screen that you attach directly to your wall.
Stand-alone models are great in outdoor cinemas, but they cost more than the hanging models. However, hanging screens are the most popular option because you attach them to a wall. You save installation and removal time, which makes installation easier. Your office is ready to use in minutes.
Inflatable projection screens are practical and can be blown up in a few minutes with electro-inflammation. Most inflatable screens are large, up to 30 feet in size. These models are a perfect alternative for setting up major media events such as B. screen at concerts.
The screen does not require any parts to mount, you connect it to the fan and it adjusts itself. Empty the screen and it packs quickly for easy transport and storage. Injections are the only problem with inflatable screens, but they are not common and easy to repair.
Quick guide to setting up movies in your garden
Setting up a branch in your garden is a great way to enjoy the warmth of summer evenings. Enjoy the fresh air and relax with the family while looking at the latest pictures in your garden.
Children and adults like to go to the cinema, who does not like a good movie? In this section we will tell you everything you need to do to have a cinema in your garden this summer.
To begin with, you need to make sure that everything is in this checklist.
- Projector – make sure you choose a good model with a large number of lumens
- A dedicated laptop or PC to play the movie
- To get a decent sound system with enough power to play outdoors, you need at least two speakers
- Your transmission screens
- Extension cable with several connections for your electronics
From this assessment, you choose a model that suits your needs. If you are installing a covered patio, you can select a permanent device for a permanent movie screen. Stand-alone models are a great choice when you need to stand on the grass or take the screen home to your friend.
Set the correct distance
Always adjust the seats to at least 1.5 times the screen size. If you have a 120-inch screen, make sure you set a minimum 180-inch area from the screen for the best viewing experience that does not affect your vision.
Choose a digital projector
The projector is the heart of your branch. The majority of your entertainment budget goes to this device. However, you can find some great models available online for less than $ 500. We recommend that you avoid models under $ 500 as they do not have sufficient image quality and are likely to fit pixels.
Search for 16: 9 aspect ratio screens to watch your movies. This ratio is perfect for modern movies, including Blu-ray, 4K and Full HD formats.
Set up your sound system
When setting up your sound system, we recommend that you choose a model with two speakers. You may have a 5.1 surround sound system, but it takes time to finish everything after the movie is made. You will probably get tired and the last thing you think about is cleaning up. The extra speakers will be a hassle that you will not need for the rest of your life.
The dual speaker system gives you the sound you need and is easy to store. We recommend that you place the speakers on the sides of the screen. Do not place them behind the screen. In loud action movies, the speakers shake the screen and distort the image. They also have a muted sound that ruins the movie experience.
Wave protection for your extension cable
Make sure you have a corrugated lid for the plug. Projectors and sound systems are expensive devices. If there is an increase, you can burn a projector and the manufacturer will not refund under these circumstances.
Keep track of the weather
If you’re planning to host an outdoor movie for your family and friends, keep an eye on the weather.
Thunderstorms can come from nowhere in the summer. The last thing you need is a frenzy of rain rolling around your area in the middle of the picture. The rain destroys your equipment and the evening.
Tips for using a projector in your garden
Before choosing the best projector surface for your garden, make sure it is compatible with the size of the projector. If you do not match AR, you either do not use the full screen or you have enough properties on the screen to cover the entire projected image.
Before ordering the screen, make it fun in your planned outdoor space. Make sure there is enough space for the screen before ordering it online.
The closer you place the projector on the screen, the better the image. We recommend a short throw. Short sets do not cause shadow problems when people have a drink or fill the popcorn.
Frequently asked questions about the outdoor projection screen
Will my projector work in daylight?
Surprisingly, the screen is not the problem if you want to watch movies on the screen during the day. If you want to run a branch during the day, you need a projector with the right number of lumens. The more lumens you have on a projector, the clearer the image in daylight.
Can I place a speaker behind the screen without affecting the image quality?
Yes, the screen distracts the sound and gives it a muted tone. The sound waves sound on the screen and make it shake. To solve this problem, buy a perforated screen that allows the sound waves to move through the material.
Which model is the better option? Format 1: 1, 4: 3, 16: 9 or 2.35: 1?
The aspect ratio of the screen is important for the experience of your outdoor photos. Check out the formats below and choose the one that suits you best in the garden cinema.
- 1: 1 – Good for slide shows and advertising. Not suitable for movies.
- 4: 3 – (NTSC format) This aspect ratio is suitable for games and training in the classroom, not for movies.
- 16: 9 – (HDTV format) This video format is suitable for games and home theater.
- 2.35: 1 – This format gives you an authentic Cinemascope format suitable for Blu-ray movies.
What is the best screen for short throws?
All projected projectors require flat projection screens because the projector is closer to the surface. It would be useful if you had a stretched, rigid frame screen that has no wrinkles or curls to distort the picture.
The best broadcast screens – the verdict
Now you should have a special projection screen outside your garden. If you are struggling with your purchase decision, you can count on our main offers for your branch.
The 120-inch Pyle projection screen is our first choice for the best overall projection range in this test. This high-quality screen is characterized by the design and construction of elastic material and an elastic frame that creates a dense screen. Enjoy the best picture and color screen with a blackout screen on the back that absorbs light and gives you a crystal clear screen.
If you are looking for the largest available screen, your KUNHEWUHUA 30.5 foot model is the best model. This inflatable screen is easy to set up and uses high quality materials. The large 30.5-foot screen is suitable for HD movies and offers excellent color and video display. If you want to invite the neighborhood to a movie night, we recommend this model.
Mdbebbron 120-inch projection screen summarizes our selection. It is an affordable model with many of the best general screen features in this review. For less than $ 45, you can get a 4K and Full HD compatible screen with a solid frame and easy installation.